The Pen That Killed My Wife

At 64, I woke up one morning and decided to read a book. So, I started off with a book that everybody would own and not really read - A dictionary. Some mornings, Abbie would leave to the mall and return to find me on the same breakfast table. She never said anything against my activities in the house since I retired - the money was still coming, but my life was boring. It was like one of those TVs with a single repeated-show channel. I wake up everyday to a 57 year old wife who already knows my favourite food, snack, position - everything about me. Life becomes too easy and boring when a woman knows the first thing you'd do when you wake up. Then someday, that TV with a single channel goes off. THE END

But I wasn't just dead yet, so I decided to write from the dictionary I had learnt a few words from. It was a Tuesday and I finally settled on the back of my old diary to write a book. I was itching to write, but there was a problem - the title of the book

I dropped the pen, picked a slice of bread and left the table. Two hours later, I was ready - THE CRAZIEST COUPLE ON EARTH. I must confess, before I began, something within begged me to write about how my Wife, Abbie would die... and I was eager too. After all, its fiction. A touch of lie here and there to entertain the next reader.

0 comments "The Pen That Killed My Wife", Read or Leave Comments

Post a Comment